Tuesday, July 24, 2007

OMG Where is Craigslist?

So this afternoon I signed into my Google reader to check my RSS feeds. I always start with the job postings first. I work at home so I am always looking for new "gigs." I start with the feed from one of my favorite WAH sites SaveandMake.com and see marketing consultant and click on it. It takes me to CL NY where the ad was posted but all I get is Error. So CL is funny sometimes, I go back to my reader and click on another job, takes me to South Carolina SAME THING! This can't be happening. Where is my CL?

I immediately start googling craiglist news, NOTHING. I start to think this is the end the internet is crashing when CL is gone something is clearly wrong. Because I have an internet addiction I immediately started considering the ramifications of this. My life would basically come to a standstill without the Internet. I wouldn't find work, I couldn't complete work. I would be unable to keep up with the Chicago R&R, I couldn't look at the ad I placed in the for sale section of some dead head stuff a friend gave me. What was I supposed to do.

As I sat and really thought about it CL rules my world. I got all my jobs off CL. I got my man on CL. I got enough free stuff off CL to probably make $1,000 when I finally have my garage sale next week. I got my daughter the $50 my little pony castle she so desperately needed on CL for $2. CL is my daily entertainment. I quickly realized that to me CL really is a community that I need to be there. For those of you that use it you know exactly what I am talking about.

So in closing, my CL is still not up and running CHI. All the news articles say (I am still googling) that the problem is fixed, but CL is not fixed and I miss it. Hopefully it will be back tomorrow so I can start to get some response on my dead head gear. I would give you the link but it won't work!

No comments: